888-305-3038 • 24/7 365 Day Emergency Service

Portable Air Conditioners • Industrial Cooling Systems • Dehumidifiers • Heaters • Generators

Call Us! 888-305-3038
24/7 365 Day Emergency Service

Portable Air Conditioners • Industrial Cooling Systems • Dehumidifiers • Heaters • Generators

Mobile Air & Power Rentals Blog


Posts filtered by: Hurricanes

Differences Between a Storm Watch vs. Storm Warning: A Quick and Definitive Guide

4 August 2021

As the summer and hurricane season continues, weather experts can be seen across TV networks providing the latest updates on storms throughout the country. Regardless of the time of year, storm watch, storm warning, and storm advisory are phrases often heard. Although you may feel that you need to be a meteorologist to understand the lingo, we are here to help explain the differences between those terms so you will know how to prepare and...

Read more...

Hurricane Preparedness and Contingency Planning: 5 Tips Every Business Should Know

2 August 2021

The NOAA, or National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, is anticipating another active Atlantic hurricane season in 2021. The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30th, and the Eastern Pacific hurricane season runs from May 15th to November 30th. According to their Climate Prediction Center, "forecasters predict a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season, and a 10% chance of a below-normal season". As the hurricane season...

Read more...

A Complete Guide to Hurricane Categories and the Waffle House Scale

15 July 2021

As hurricane season ramps up, news outlets across the country are educating viewers on hurricane categories and something called the Waffle House Scale or Index. Understanding the potential danger and impacts a hurricane may have on a business and its operations is crucial for continuity planning. So, let’s take a deeper look at what the hurricane categories and Waffle House Scale mean for your organization. As many are familiar, hurricanes are categorized on a scale...

Read more...

When Two Cyclones Collide (Or Don’t!)

25 August 2020

As if 2020 wasn’t already an incredibly unique year, residents along the Atlantic coast have been presented with yet another uncommon challenge: two cyclones entering the Gulf of Mexico at the same time, an event that hasn’t happened since the 1930’s. What’s worse, many are worried that Hurricane Laura and Tropical Storm Marco may merge together, forming a single storm that’s much larger and can cause much more damage. While this is certainly a possibility,...

Read more...

We're always available with our 24/7, 365 Day Emergency Service!