Rental portable generators are often employed to source power to outdoor event. When utilizing rental portable generators there are electrical safety precautions that you must consider:
- A safety fence must be set up around generator's working components.
- Only a licensed electrician should perform wiring jobs and test the setup before the event starts.
- Take account as to where the overhead power lines, buried cables and primary isolators which are controlling generator-powered equipment prior to deciding the placement for your stage scaffolding, mobile generator set, lights and tent.
- Use external lines and cable ramps to protect cables and prevent trip hazards within the activity area.
- Power supplies for portable tools, catering, first aid stations, control room, and emergency exit lights are necessary in sizable events.
- An Earth-fault Residual Circuit Breaker must be setup to protect electrical supply.
There’s more than meets the eye when it comes to strategically and safely setting up power distribution for outdoor events. To do it right and to ensure the safety of all participants, the need to employ an electrical professional is an absolute certainty. For more information on how to use safely use portable generators for outdoor events, contact American Power Rental.