Air-cooled portable air conditioner installation is easier than you think. These units only require a suitable space to vent hot air. Furthermore, Mobile Air is ready to perform a full installation for your A/C unit. We also offer 24/7 emergency services, so we can install an air-cooled unit whenever you need it.
The basic and most common installation follows these steps:
- Roll the air-cooled unit into place.
- Using the provided condenser air flex duct exhaust kit, duct condenser outlet air (hot air) from the space being cooled. The most common areas to which condenser air is ducted are:
- Into the space above the drop ceiling (ceiling plenum).
- Into an attic space.
- Out a window.
- To an area which is not heat sensitive such as a warehouse, equipment room, or hallway.
- Plug your air-cooled portable air conditioner into an appropriate outlet. Air-cooled portable air conditioners use a variety of plugs depending on the size and capacity of the unit. Units with higher cooling capacities require more energy, necessitating different types of plugs. See our plug configuration chart for questions on plug configuration.
- Turn unit on and enjoy cooling relief.
We offer full installation for your air-cooled portable air conditioning unit, making your rental completely hassle free. For an easy solution to your cooling problem, contact Mobile Air today.